WELCOME TO EASTERN TECHNICAL SERVICES
Eastern Technical Services Ltd., incorporated in 1969, is a Newfoundland company of marine chemists, engineers, technologists and inspectors engaged in gas free testing, visual and non-destructive evaluations of welding, fabrications and structures and other specialized procedures to government, metal fabricators, pulp and paper, shipping and aircraft operators, general industrial contractors and the petroleum and energy industries.
The following is a listing of some of our usual activities (as per industry category).
We are a Transport Canada approved AMO for inspection of aircraft components using the following inspection methods:
• X Radiography
• Magnetic Particle
• Liquid Penetrant
• Eddy Current
We conduct liquid penetrant training seminars and perform auditing and annual recertification for staff of aircraft maintenance shops.
• Pre purchase building inspections.
• Code inspections during or before renovations for insurance requirements.
• Septic disposal systems.
• Recommendations for building footings where unsuitable founding levels exist.
• Fire proofing inspections of structural steel where fire separation requirements exist such as shopping malls.
• Torque inspections, alignment, etc. in new steel structure.
• Coordination of new building or renovation with architect, structural, mechanical, etc. inputs by others. Examples: Keyin Tech, Mutual Building, Westbrook Plaza.
• Bitumen content in built-up roofing samples.
• Contract bid packages with “short form” specs for renovations & site works.
• Eddy current inspections for cracking at bases of aluminum lamp poles, sign post standards, canopy columns, etc.
• Auto accident reconstruction to help determine liability.
• Loss investigations.
• Building foundations, wind damage, flood problems.
• Evaluation of commercial products, i.e., lawn mowers, truck firms, bicycles.
• Expert witness - Civil Engineer (fire, accidents, wind damage, soils & foundations, etc.)
• Environmental reports.
• Noise surveys.
Non-destructive testing of mechanical fabrications, parts, welds, etc. for flaw detection.
• Customer Q.A. and expediting
• Bend & Tensile Tests
• Structural Steel & Torque of Bolts
• Holiday and Coating Thickness Testing
• Portable Hardness Testing
• Oil & gas piping.
• Explosive Gas Free Certification and Detection of toxic gases.
• Determinations of moisture contents, Transportable Moisture Limits and Flow in bulk cargoes - mineral concentrates, peat, etc.
• Electromagnetic crack detection (EMD) under coated surfaces (both above and underwater with up to a 250 M long probe cable).
• Structural and Corrosion Surveys
• Multigas toxic, explosive & O2 detectors (2)
• Personal gas monitors (2)
• 150 KV X ray unit (2 portable)
• Bond testing (sonic) instruments (2)
• Eddy current test equipment (2)
• Surveying levels, theodolites, etc.
• Magnetic yokes & coils (5)
• Torque wrenches
• Magnetic power pack unit & prods
• Brinell Hardness testers
• Ultraviolet lamps (3)
• Conductivity Testers
MACHINE & MECHANICAL SHOPS
SHIPS’ AGENTS, OPERATORS AND OFFSHORE ACTIVITIES
COMMERCIAL & RESIDENTIAL BUILDING, MUNICIPALITIES
GENERAL INDUSTRIAL CONTRACTORS, SHIPYARDS
CRANE TRUCK, CRANES & HOISTS
INSURANCE ADJUSTERS, LAW OFFICES, FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS
• Explosive Gas Free Certificate prior to confined entry and hot work.
• Oxygen & toxic gas content of confined spaces, tanks, etc.
• Welding inspection (X & gamma radiography, ultrasonics, magnetic particle, liquid penetrant, visual, leak testing).
• Hull thickness surveys.
• Ultrasonic corrosion surveys of piping and mechanical assemblies so as to forecast corrosion or erosion.
• Hardness testing of steel.
• Vacuum testing of steel tanks floor joints.
• Eddy Current inspections of tubing in heat exchangers (HVAC chillers, condenser, evaporators, etc.)
• Ultrasonic flaw defectors (3)
• Portable Darkrooms
• U.T. digital thickness gauges (2)
• Holiday detection & coating thickness
• Inspection of crane booms, hooks, shafts, outriggers, spreaders, etc.
• Load test certification for Safe Working Load rating.
• Explosive gas testing when transporting or repairing potentially explosive oil tanks.
• Inspection and certification of amusement type mechanical rides.